|Therapy services are available for all ages and may be provided to hospitalized patients, outpatients, or in your home. |
We feel that each patient deserves individualized care; therefore, each of our patients are seen by one physical therapist and one physical therapist assistant from start to finish.
We will take the time to understand and remove obstacles that come between you and your goals of returning to a healthy active lifestyle.
Each patient receives an evaluation by a physical therapist at which time a treatment plan and individualized goals are established based on the patient’s needs and activities.
Most insurance companies do not require a provider referral for PT. Check with your insurance company to see if you qualify.
- Fall prevention
- Functional Bracing
- Gait training / Assistive devices
- Industrial rehabilitation
- Manual Therapy
- Neuromuscular Rehabilitation
- Pre and Post Operation Treatment and Education
- Sports Medicine
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Hot and Cold Therapy
- TENS (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation)
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Electrical Stimulation
- and more...
We work with people so they can participate fully in their everyday activities.
Occupational therapy treatment may include retraining techniques for bathing and dressing, tests for cognition, driving safety assessments, as well as post-surgery or injury rehabilitation.
We'll create a personalized treatment approach to help patients be as active and independent as possible.
Speech-Language Pathologists help patients of all ages with communication and swallowing issues and work to increase a person's ability to express their thoughts, ideas, and wishes.
Each patient receives an individualized evaluation by a Speech-Language Pathologist. At this time, a treatment plan and goals are established, based on the patient's needs and activities. We inform the healthcare provider of the treatment plan and of progress with treatment.
- Cognitive Communications disorders
- Stroke Recovery (CVA)
- Devices & techniques for alternative communication
- Head injury
- Language disorders
- Memory deficits
- Swallowing disorders
- Voice disorders
Vitality Cancer Strength & Wellness Program
Help you gain energy & functional strength during & after the course of your cancer treatments.
Physical Therapy Sessions
- Led by Physical Therapist or Physical Therapists Assistant
- Initial assessment (determine any weakness, balance, or walking stability issues and measure exercise ability)
- Reassess (based on evaluation or change in your condition or health)
- Help you to be more independent and safe with all mobility needs
Billed through your insurance Available Monday-Friday
- Led by specially trained personnel
- Individualized to fit your needs and designed so you can do at home
- Learn to use proper techniques
- Help you improve stamina
- Occur one to three times a week for approximately 16 total sessions
No cost Available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Whether you are in cancer active treatment or have finished, and regardless of when the cancer occurred you may participate
- You must have a physician referral
MANCHESTER - Therapy Services Department. Parking Lot 2, Entrance C. For elevator access, Parking Lot 1, Entrance B.
STRAWBERRY POINT - Located inside Regional Family Health.
Augmented Soft Tissue Mobilization treatment is a rehabilitation program that stimulates the
regenerative healing process of the body. It is a non-invasive therapy that works fast and consistently. Our Therapy Services staff treat scar tissue problems from old injuries and degenerative muscles, tendons, and ligaments (i.e. tennis elbow, patellar tendonitis).
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) Certified
MLD is a gentle type of massage therapy used to drain excess fluid from the body and improve the overall functioning of the lymphatic system. Lymphedema can develop at any time (months or years) after surgery or radiation. Usually it is triggered by a new injury or trauma. Our Therapy Services staff treat chronic swelling in any area of the body where the lymphatic system is compromised with compression bandaging, remedial exercise, and patient education for self-care and post-mastectomy or lower extremity with manual massage in conjunction with compression bandaging and garments.
Studies have shown that 90% of people who suffer from back pain can be successfully treated with the McKenzie Method. Current research supports McKenzie over all other forms of back treatment. Our Therapy Services staff treat cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spines to help you manage your pain and return to your previous level of function with as few symptoms as possible. Self-treatment instruction will be given so you can manage your pain after you complete your therapy sessions.
The Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) is a world leader in golf health and fitness. Certified instructors use a golf specific screen to identify physical limitations that may lead to undesired swing characteristics or injuries. Joint mobility or stability problems can lead to pain and not allow a golfer to reach his/her full potential. Having a consultation with a TPI instructor is beneficial to maximize your game allowing lower scores and more fun on the course.
What do I need to bring with me?
If your provider sent your Therapy Services referral (order) with you, the therapist will need this along with payment information such as your insurance card or worker’s compensation claim number and contact information.
How should I dress?
Wear loose fitting clothing that makes it easy to expose the area we will evaluate and treat (ex: shorts for knee pain or tank top for shoulder trouble). Tennis shoes for exercising, if appropriate.
What happens during my visit?
- Arrive five minutes early to complete paperwork.
- The therapist will perform your initial evaluation.
- The therapist will discuss with you:
- Your medical history including medications and tests.
- Your current problems/complaints.
- Pain intensity and what increases or decreases your pain. How your daily activity or function is limited.
- Your goals for/with therapy.
How long will each session last?
Your initial evaluation may take up to 60 minutes. Each follow up visit may take up to 30-45 minutes.
Providers for this Service