Original RMC hospital building
The first meeting of the Board of Trustees of Delaware County Memorial Hospital was held August 2, 1945. The Board worked five years planning the new hospital which opened on August 7, 1950.

RMC historical timeline

Delaware County Memorial Hospital was financed by a fund drive, bond issue, federal funds, and bequests. The cost of construction, equipment, architectural fees, and miscellaneous items totaled $362,183 for the original hospital that opened in August of 1950.

Name Change

Delaware County Memorial Hospital changed its name on January 1, 1999, to doing business as "Regional Medical Center of Northeast Iowa and Delaware County" to better reflect the services provided to residents outside of Delaware County as well as those within the county. Effective April 19, 2004, the name was simplified to "Regional Medical Center" while our legal name remains Delaware County Memorial Hospital.


Regional Medical Center is dedicated to the health and healing of our communities. Our logo symbolizes the rhythm of the healthy heart and represents our dedication to a healthy lifestyle. Our logo was developed in 1999 and became a registered trademark on September 8, 2009, indicated by the ® mark.