Posted 9/20/2018 in Public Health
Brought to you by Delaware County Public Health and Regional Family Health
Getting your yearly flu shot is very important to protect yourself from influenza or “the flu”. All people are at risk but especially adults 65+, children, pregnant women, and those with chronic health issues. There are many flu viruses and they are always changing, which is why getting your annual vaccination is so important.
“We encourage everyone to get their yearly flu shot and to take advantage of our public flu shot clinics,” shared Delma Hardin, Delaware County Public Health Coordinator.
REGIONAL FAMILY HEALTH will offer walk-in flu shot clinics open to ALL ages at Regional Family Health in Manchester from 8 AM-1 PM on the following Saturdays: October 6, 13, 20, and 27. If these dates/times don’t work for you, call one of our clinics for a personal appointment. The cost is $35* or you may present your insurance card. Those with Medicare can get their shots for FREE (card must be presented). *High-dose is $70.
DELAWARE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH (DCPH) will hold flu shots at multiple locations in area communities. The cost is $35 or present Medicare or insurance information for billing.
DCPH will be at RFH-Strawberry Point on Friday, October 5, by appointment only. Please call 563-933-6277 or 563-927-7551 to schedule your appointment.
DCPH walk-in flu shot clinics will be held at:
- RMC’s Senior Wellness Fair at the Delaware County Fairgrounds Community Center in Manchester on Thursday, October 4 (11AM-1 PM)
- Hopkinton Community Center on Monday, October 8 (10-11:30 AM)
- Delhi United Methodist Church on Tuesday, October 9 (10-11:30 AM)
- Greeley Commercial Club on Tuesday, October 9 (10-11:30 AM)
- Dundee Fire Station/Community Center on Wednesday, October 10 (10-11:30 AM)
- Earlville United Parish on Wednesday, October 10 (10-11:30 AM)
- Delaware County Senior Center in Manchester on Thursday, October 11 (10-11:30 AM)
- Colesburg Community Center on Tuesday, October 16 (10-11:30 AM)
For more information or questions, contact Delaware County Public Health at 563-927-7551 or Regional Family Health at 563-927-7777.