Posted 11/22/2021 in Public Health
Brought to you by Regional Family Health
Regional Family Health in Manchester will be holding PEDIATRIC (Ages 5-11) Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Walk-In Clinics on Thursdays in December from 5-6PM.
Under Emergency Use Authorization, the CDC recommends a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5-11. This 2-dose vaccine is recommended regardless of a history of symptomatic or asymptomatic COVID-19 infection.
- Go to Regional Family Health-Manchester at 709 W Main St. Use Parking Lot 4, Entrance G.
- These clinics are ONLY for PEDIATRIC (Age 5-11) children. The dosing for this age group is different from other ages so this clinic is dedicated specifically to this age group.
- You do not need an appointment.
- Please do not arrive early.
- A parent or legal guardian must be present with the child(ren) receiving the vaccine.
- Save some time and visit regmedctr.org/covid-vaccine-consent to complete the consent form prior to the vaccine clinic.
- 2nd dose will be due 3 weeks after initial dose.
- At this time, a booster dose is not recommended for ages 5-11.
Children may experience fewer side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine than adolescents or young adults. Those who have evidence of a prior infection may also have fewer side effects than those without evidence of prior infection. Side effects may include:
- Pain, swelling, and/or redness at the injection site
- Muscle aches and/or pains
- Joint stiffness
- Swelling of lymph nodes
Routine pain and fever reducing medication may be taken AFTER the vaccination for treatment of these possible side effects, if needed. Please note that in general, Aspirin is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years of age due to the risk of Reye’s syndrome.
If you have any questions, please call Regional Family Health at 563-927-7777.