Posted 5/3/2018 in Regional Medical Center
Regional Medical Center is excited to continue to expand and change for you. We are committed to listening to your concerns and desires, and acting on them, as able, to provide the most comprehensive care for you and your family.
In listening to your wants, needs, and desires, we’re excited to share the following noteworthy updates happening at RMC:
- Our Emergency/Surgery lobby and registration area is currently undergoing some remodeling to update the environment.
- 3D Mammography was installed in February 2018.
- Walk-in Clinic hours at Regional Family Health-Manchester will be expanded in the near future to include Sundays.
- The addition of an in-house MRI is very important and something we’re actively working towards achieving in 2019.
- We are currently in the process of evaluating new electronic health record systems to replace our current system.
- Active recruitment is taking place for new specialists to expand coverage and availability in a variety of specialties.
In order to evolve and provide necessary services for you, this does require change both in processes and facility space usage to ensure we are providing the best patient experience possible. RMC has engaged an architecture firm to evaluate our facility and identify the best locations to expand different departments such as OR and OB as well as where to install an in-house MRI unit.
Through this architectural evaluation, the current space leased by Tri-State Dialysis, an outside organization not affiliated with RMC, was identified as a central location which is optimal for several departments to grow and expand into. Due to this, Tri-State Dialysis will need to relocate within our community to provide dialysis services after May 1, 2020. RMC values the service provided by Tri-State Dialysis for patients in our community and will assist in any way possible through their transition.
“Healthcare is continually evolving at a rapid pace, and at RMC, we want and need to continue to evolve so we remain your healthcare system, close to home,” shares Charlie Button, CEO. “If you have any questions or concerns, I am always open to talk to you and welcome feedback on your community hospital.”