Regional Medical Center is committed to price transparency. We believe it is important to know what your out-of-pocket costs will be for services. To receive the most accurate estimate of your out-of-pocket costs, please contact our billing office at 563-927-7405 and have the following information available:
- Patient Name
- Patient Date of Birth
- Insurance Name, Plan ID, and Group Number
- Procedure description (including CPT if available)
- Date of Service
Pricing comparison data is available via the Iowa Hospital Association charge comparison website. This public portal allows consumer to view individual hospital prices and compare them to other facilities. Click here to go to the Iowa Hospital Association Charges Compare website.
Additionally, in compliance with CMS requirements, a list of Regional Medical Center’s charges are available for viewing or download in machine readable formats prescribed by CMS. A charge is different than the expected payment, and doesn’t include significant discounts from insurance payers. The charge can differ from patient to patient for the same services based on a patient’s medical condition, complications, and varying treatments.
- If you have insurance, the amount you owe will depend on the benefits on your plan. Some areas to consider are your deductible amounts, co-insurance, co-pays and annual out of pocket maximum expense. Individuals who do not have insurance coverage may be eligible for a 20% discount off total charges billed if payment in full is received within 30 days of the first statement received.
- PLEASE NOTE THE CHARGES LISTED BELOW DO NOT INCLUDE FEES FOR PROVIDERS OUTSIDE RMC. Some examples include Radiology Consultants of Iowa (RCI), Weland Laboratories for pathology services, some specialty physicians and surgeons including Dr. Randall Messerly.
- These listings represent pricing for individual charge items. The total charges for a service combine many individual charge items from the listing. For example, if you are inquiring on the cost for a colonoscopy, the total charge would represent a hospital charge called Colonoscopy under the Operating Room charges section, individual pharmacy items, anesthesia, recovery and supplies. The most accurate way to obtain a charge estimate is to contact our billing department at 563-927-7405.
Please note: Pharmacy charges are not included in this listing when billed by the hospital because the pricing can change on a daily basis depending on the manufacturer of the drug.