Most patients enjoy having visitors and they may even aid in the patient's recovery. Please remember that the patient's well-being is our primary concern at all times.
7AM - 8:30PM
M-F, 7AM-5PM, use Entrance A
M-F 5-8:30PM, use Entrance E
Sat-Sun, use Entrance E
Masking is optional for most patients and visitors. Individuals who should continue to mask include those:
- Unvaccinated or Not Fully Vaccinated
- Experiencing respiratory symptoms
- With a known COVID-19 exposure in the past 10 days
- Who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days
Patients or visitors who would like to continue wearing masks are welcome to do so. Our staff will continue to mask when providing direct patient care. We will continue to monitor the illness severity and community transmission and adjust guidelines and policies accordingly.
- No visitor/support persons will be allowed for patients who have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
- All visitors must be feeling well (no fever, new loss of taste or smell, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, nausea/vomiting, body aches, or chills). Anyone with respiratory disease or signs of communicable infection will NOT be permitted to visit.
- All children under the age of 14 should be supervised by an adult while at the hospital. Parents are responsible for their child’s conduct while at the hospital.
- In the event of communicable disease outbreaks, ALL visitations may be restricted.
- Quiet should be maintained.
- Dependent visitor supervision must be provided by an adult other than the patient.
- Visitors must not interfere with the activities of the staff.
- Visitors should not bring food to the patients unless specially advised to do so.
- Visitors should not congregate in patient care areas.
- Visitors must not sit on patient's beds.
- Smoking/vaping/tobacco products are not allowed at any location.
- No one shall be allowed to visit patients in the hospital without wearing shoes and shirts.
- Nursing staff reserves the right to remove visitation privileges per individual patient situation.
- Limit of 2 adults at a time.
- In helping to preserve patient privacy, all visitors must stay in the ER bays and keep the doors and curtains closed.
Medical / Surgical / Intensive Care
- Family and friends are welcome to visit.
- Limit of 2 visitors at a time for ICU patients.
Obstetrics and Family Health
- The patient’s support person may visit at any time during the patient's hospitalization.
- Well siblings, other family members, and friends are welcome to visit.
- OB patients with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis can have 1 support person during hospitalization. Support person must stay in the room the entire time the OB patient is here. If the support person leaves RMC, they are not allowed to re-enter.
Surgical / Recovery Room
- Recovery room visitors are limited to immediate family only and at the discretion of the nursing staff.
All guidelines are subject to change without notice. (04/29/22)