The American Diabetes Association
National Phone Number: 1-888-DIABETES
Cedar Rapids 319-247-5124
317 7th Ave SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Regional Medical Center
Phone Number: 563-927-7526
709 W. Main St. BOX 359
Manchester IA 52057-0359
Other Diabetes Websites
- Diabetes Self-Management: www.diabetesselfmanagement.com
A self-help publication with printable resources.
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation: www.jdrf.org
Information and resources for Type 1 Diabetics and their family.
- dLife: www.dlife.com
Information and resources for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetics
- Take Control of Your Diabetes: www.tcoyd.org
Print and online resources. Find TCOYD conferences around the nation.
- Diabetic Living: www.diabeticlivingonline.com
Information for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetics. Print and online resources.
Other websites to consider searching include restaurant and medication websites.
- Sit and Be Fit: www.sitandbefit.org
A chair exercise television program that promotes healthy aging, functional fitness and rehabilitative exercises. Find local air times, purchase videos and other exercise equipment.
- Walk At Home: www.walkathome.com
An indoor walking fitness program, designed to get you fit in the comfort of your own home. Find where to purchase videos, watch clips from exercise videos, read testimonials, purchase videos and other exercise equipment.
- Choose My Plate: www.choosemyplate.gov
Books Available at the Manchester Public Library
- Diabetes A to Z: by American Diabetes Association
- Guide to Living with Diabetes: by Boyd Metzger
- Outsmart Diabetes 1-2-3: from Prevention Magazine
- Mayo Clinic: The Essential Diabetes Book
- 501 Delicious Diabetic Recipes: by Anne C. Chappell
- The Art of Cooking for the Diabetic: by Mary Abbott Hess
(If you do not have a computer and would like to check out a website make sure to ask the librarians for help.)
Tablet and Phone Applications
- Glucose Buddy: Track Blood Glucose, Activity, Medications, Weight, Carbs
- OnTrack: Track Blood Glucose, Carbs, Activity, Labs, Medications
- SiDiary: Track Blood Glucose, Medications, Weight, Activity
- LoseIt!: Track Activity, Weight, Food
- MyFitnessPal: Track Food, Activity, Weight
- Camp Tanager: Located near Cedar Rapids Iowa
Visit www.camptanager.org for further information on Diabetes Camp.
- Camp Hertko Hollow: Located in Des Moines Iowa
Visit www.camphertkohollow.com or contact the camp at 1-888-437-8652 for further information.
Other Important Information
If you need information regarding home health services, vocational assistance, financial assistance or home medical equipment please contact the Diabetic Educators at 563-927-7357 or 563-927-7430 for further information.