A Whole Body Composition screening will help you learn about your whole body health, outlining the fat, lean muscle, and bone using a scale of colors to represent each area.
When combined with other wellness changes such as diet and exercise, this is a great tool to help you work towards a healthier YOU!
What is a Whole Body Composition Screening?
A Whole Body Composition screening is a painless test using a low-dose x-ray beam to take a picture of the inside of the body. It shows the amount of fat, lean muscle, and bone using a scale of colors.
The analysis aides healthcare providers in identifying serious long-term health risks. This information can guide lifestyle changes to reduce your risks.
Benefits of screening
- Able to see the areas of the body storing extra fat.
- More accurate than BMI (body mass index).
- Monitors body fat loss and muscle growth from exercise.
- Provides baseline for nutritional counseling and treatment for weight-related issues.
- Maximizes performance of athletes.
Preparing for screening
- Wear clothing with no zippers, buttons, or metallic parts. If this is not possible, a gown will be provided.
- Remove all jewelry, hairpins, glasses, and other metallic objects.
What to expect
Plan approximately 30 minutes for the entire procedure including registration. The scan itself will last 6 minutes.
- Park in Lot 1, Entrance A
- Register at East Registration, located inside River Ridge Pavilion.
- $35 payment is due at the time of service.
Make your appointment today!
A referral from your primary care provider is needed prior to scheduling. Call 563-927-7338 for an appointment. Patients are strongly recommended and responsible for following up with a licensed healthcare professional regarding screening findings.