The Wound Clinic at RMC , partnered with Healogics™, provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds, which are defined as sores or wounds that have not significantly improved from conventional treatments. Associated with inadequate circulation, poorly functioning veins, and immobility, non-healing wounds lead to lower quality of life and may lead to amputations. When wounds persist, a specialized approach is required for healing. Typically, a wound that does not respond to normal medical care within 30 days is considered a problem or chronic wound.
Our Care Team
Every team member within the Healogics network of nearly 600 Wound Care Centers® dedicates themselves every day to healing and caring for people with hard-to-heal wounds. The expertise of our Wound Care Centers’ specialty-trained wound care providers allows Centers to treat a variety of chronic wounds.
Care is collaborative with in-house specialists including diabetes educators, physical and occupational therapists, lab and radiology testing, pain management, and surgical services.
- Ulcers: Diabetic, Pressure, Arterial
- Trauma Wounds
- Surgical Wounds
- Soft Tissue Wounds
- Dressing changes
- Biological skin applications
- Compression therapy
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
What to bring to your first appointment:
- A list of any medications you’re currently taking as well as any allergies you’re aware of
- Medical records including x-ray films if you have them
- Insurance forms or cards
Your First Visit
- Specialized wound care is done on an outpatient basis. Please plan for 1-1 ½ hour visits.
- We will examine you and ask you about your personal and family medical history so we can develop a plan of care just for you.
- We will examine your wound
- We might remove dead tissue in and around your wound
- We will teach you how to care for your wound at home
- We will schedule further testing, if it is needed
Make An Appointment
Before your first visit to the clinic, we recommend you review your insurance or contact your insurance provider to determine if you need to pre-certify for treatment.
If you have questions about your wound, please contact our staff to determine if an appointment is appropriate. To schedule an appointment or request additional information, call us at 563-927-7511
Location, Contact & Hours
Schedule an appointment: 563-927-7511
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 8:00AM-4:30PM
Parking & Entrance: Park in Lot 2: Use Entrance E to be screened. Once screened, staff will escort you to the Wound Clinic.
Providers for this Service